Mental helath statistics taken from the Mind Website show that...
- 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem of some kind each year in England.
- 1 in 6 people report experiencing a common mental health problem (like anxiety and depression) in any given week in England.
- People reporting self-harm went up by 62% between the years 2000–2014 (that means it more than doubled).
- People reporting having had suicidal thoughts within the past year went up by 30% between the years 2000–2014.
- The number of people who self-harm or have suicidal thoughts is rising faster than the number of people experiencing mental health problems overall.
We have previously done a charity raffle where all the proceeds went to Mind Charity where we managed to raise a whoping £200!
Some mental health helplines are:
- Calm - 0800 58 58 58
- Samartians - 116123 (free from any phone)
- Saneline - 0300 304 7000
- National Suicide Prevention - 0800 689 5652
Please done suffer alone.